Search Engine Visibility
by Shari Thurow
Search Engine Visibility is not about merely obtaining top positions in search search results. Rather, Search Engine Visibility is about designing, writing, and creating a web site primarily for your site's visitors, adn helping them find what they are searching for via the major search engines, directories, and industry-related sites.
This book teaches developers, designers, programmers, and online marketers what pitfalls to avoid from the beginning so they can provide their clients with more effective site designs.
"Shari Thurow has been consistently one of the best rated speakers at our SearchEngineStrategies conferences for her ample advice on how to build web sites that 'naturally' attract traffic from search engines. Now she puts that advice into print, creating a great companion book for anyone involved with constructing web sites. The book teaches you how to create web pages that please search engines and human visitors alike." --Danny Sullivan, Editor, SearchEngineWatch"The SEO industry can be a huge pitfall for the uninitiated. Fraud, gimmicks, and misunderstanding run rampant. Which is why we are so fortunate to have Shari Thurow in the field. Shari is a straightforward, knowledgeable, perceptive, and experienced practitioner of search engine optimization, marketing, and placement. She knows what it takes to get top positions in the major search engines and--even more importantly--knows what not to do to avoid being blacklisted. Shari is a trusted and active voice in the SEO field, and she always stays abreast of the latest changes."--Adam Audette, Owner, Adventive, home of I-Search discussion list; Moderator, bCentral Daily Digest
About the Author
Shari Thurow is a sought-after speaker and trainer on the topics of search engine-friendly web site design, web copywriting, link development. A popular speaker at Search Engine Strategies, web site design, and online marketing conferences worldwide, Shari's sessions are very popular and four-star rated.
Don't miss Search Engine Visibility
by Shari Thurow
Paperback: 320 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.60 x 9.18 x 7.02, Publisher: New Riders Publishing; 1st edition (December 30, 2002); List Price: $29.99 - buy now: Price: $20.99 and You Save: $9.00 (30%)
- HTML Complete - enables users to design and employ current and emerging Web technologies in the right way
- Return on Design: Smarter Web Design That Works - Editor's Choice: information design essentials that can determine a Web site's success or failure
- The Unusually Useful Web Book - If ever there were an author who could make web standards exciting, it's Jeffrey Zeldman.
- Designing Web Site Interface Elements - The second title in the new DesignWhys series
- Designing With Web Standards - Stop being an "html terrorist" and start styling with CSS
- Search Engine Visibility - teaches developers, designers, programmers, and online marketers what pitfalls to avoid
- Speed Up Your Site: Web Site Optimization - speed is critical to online success and happy users... you need it!
- Web Graphics for Non-Designers - takes you through the basics of web design, looking at using color effectively on sites
- Designing web graphics.4, Fourth Edition - The most influential web design book ever written for the web
- HTTP Developer's Handbook - written specifically for Web developers
- Web Design on a Shoestring - how each phase in site development can be trimmed back without losing control, quality, or beauty
See similar titles in the Web department Keywords: Web: Web design, Web development, html, shtml, gifs, jpgs, web graphics, layout, pages
Participate in your Design BOOKSHELF
Lots of fun and information for all... we don't review or recommend any books we haven't seen and read.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, with more books as they hit the shelves, design news, software and program reviews, field trips to design studios, Photoshop Tips & Tricks, photoshop tutorials, typography, fonts, and a lot more!
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.