Roadmap to Macromedia Contribute
by Joseph Lowery
Roadmap to Macromedia Contribute unlocks the power of word processing for the web so that anyone can manage web content. It's written in an approachable, narrative style for the Contribute end-user, Roadmap covers the basic functionality and features in order to enhance overall productivity. Includes a dedicated web site through which readers will be able to experiment with Contribute without fear of corrupting their own sites.
Macromedia's newest product, Contribute, is a desktop application that enables ANYONE to easily update, add and publish web content to existing web sites without requiring technical skills beyond basic word processing. It ensures that web professionals who build the sites retain complete control over the site style, layout and code standards. Roadmap to Macromedia Contribute is written in an approachable, narrative style designed to get end-users up and running quickly with clear, practical steps. To enhance productivity for the long-run though, author Joseph Lowery thoroughly covers standard features like importing Office documents, inserting images, and taking advantage of the living history so users can easily roll back changes and switch between different versions of a page. Also included are insights for integrating Contribute with other leading web authoring technologies. Being compatible with Dreamweaver, FrontPage or GoLive, Contribute offers few limitations. Users and administrators alike will save time, frustration and money.
About the Author
Joseph Lowery, is a web designer, trainer, and consultant, Joe has been involved with Contribute since the Alpha release and continues to participate in the Beta program. Joe has maintained a consistent presence in various newsgroups and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences including Seybold, Macromedia's DevCon and Web World, and WebBuilder.
Don't miss Roadmap to Macromedia Contribute
by Joseph Lowery
Paperback: 336 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.61 x 9.22 x 7.34, Publisher: Macromedia Press; 1st edition (February 19, 2003); List Price: $25.00 - buy now: Price: $17.50 and You Save: $7.50 (30%)
- HTML Complete - enables users to design and employ current and emerging Web technologies in the right way
- Return on Design: Smarter Web Design That Works - Editor's Choice: information design essentials that can determine a Web site's success or failure
- The Unusually Useful Web Book - If ever there were an author who could make web standards exciting, it's Jeffrey Zeldman.
- Designing Web Site Interface Elements - The second title in the new DesignWhys series
- Designing With Web Standards - Stop being an "html terrorist" and start styling with CSS
- Search Engine Visibility - teaches developers, designers, programmers, and online marketers what pitfalls to avoid
- Speed Up Your Site: Web Site Optimization - speed is critical to online success and happy users... you need it!
- Web Graphics for Non-Designers - takes you through the basics of web design, looking at using color effectively on sites
- Designing web graphics.4, Fourth Edition - The most influential web design book ever written for the web
- HTTP Developer's Handbook - written specifically for Web developers
- Web Design on a Shoestring - how each phase in site development can be trimmed back without losing control, quality, or beauty
See similar titles in the Web department Keywords: Web: Web design, Web development, html, shtml, gifs, jpgs, web graphics, layout, pages
Participate in your Design BOOKSHELF
Lots of fun and information for all... we don't review or recommend any books we haven't seen and read.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, with more books as they hit the shelves, design news, software and program reviews, field trips to design studios, Photoshop Tips & Tricks, photoshop tutorials, typography, fonts, and a lot more!
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.