HTTP Developer's Handbook
by Chris Shiflett
HTTP is the protocol that powers the Web. As Web applications become more sophisticated, and as emerging technologies continue to rely heavily on HTTP, understanding this protocol is becoming more and more essential for professional Web developers. By learning HTTP protocol, Web developers gain a deeper understanding of the Web's architecture and can create even better Web applications that are more reliable, faster, and more secure.
The HTTP Developer's Handbook is written specifically for Web developers. It begins by introducing the protocol and explaining it in a straightforward manner. It then illustrates how to leverage this information to improve applications. Extensive information and examples are given covering a wide variety of issues, such as state and session management, caching, SSL, software architecture, and application security.
About the Author
Chris Shiflett is a Web developer with nearly a decade of experience creating applications in a variety of languages such as C, Perl, PHP, and ColdFusion. He is a frequent contributor to the open source community, and can often be found answering questions on various mailing lists. He has authored several open source projects and is also a member of the PHP development team.
Don't miss HTTP Developer's Handbook
by Chris Shiflett
Paperback: 312 pages; Dimensions (in inches): 0.72 x 9.06 x 7.08; Publisher: SAMS; 1st edition (March 19, 2003); List Price: $39.99 - buy now: Price: $27.99 and You Save: $12.00 (30%)
- HTML Complete - enables users to design and employ current and emerging Web technologies in the right way
- Return on Design: Smarter Web Design That Works - Editor's Choice: information design essentials that can determine a Web site's success or failure
- The Unusually Useful Web Book - If ever there were an author who could make web standards exciting, it's Jeffrey Zeldman.
- Designing Web Site Interface Elements - The second title in the new DesignWhys series
- Designing With Web Standards - Stop being an "html terrorist" and start styling with CSS
- Search Engine Visibility - teaches developers, designers, programmers, and online marketers what pitfalls to avoid
- Speed Up Your Site: Web Site Optimization - speed is critical to online success and happy users... you need it!
- Web Graphics for Non-Designers - takes you through the basics of web design, looking at using color effectively on sites
- Designing web graphics.4, Fourth Edition - The most influential web design book ever written for the web
- HTTP Developer's Handbook - written specifically for Web developers
- Web Design on a Shoestring - how each phase in site development can be trimmed back without losing control, quality, or beauty
See similar titles in the Web department Keywords: Web: Web design, Web development, html, shtml, gifs, jpgs, web graphics, layout, pages
Participate in your Design BOOKSHELF
Lots of fun and information for all... we don't review or recommend any books we haven't seen and read.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, with more books as they hit the shelves, design news, software and program reviews, field trips to design studios, Photoshop Tips & Tricks, photoshop tutorials, typography, fonts, and a lot more!
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.