Designing web graphics.4, Fourth Edition
by Lynda Weinman
The most influential web design book ever written, completely updated to cover motion graphics, broadband interactive design, and more. Since it was first published in 1995, designing web graphics has been the seminal resource for web designers to learn the basics and then the nuances of solid design for the web. Lynda Weinman has been updating the book to reflect changes in the technologies affecting web design, but dwg.4 has been largely rewritten from the ground up. Included is coverage of motion graphics made possible by the Flash phenomenon, broadband-enabled graphics issues, usability, and more. Lynda is rewriting the book so that all coverage of specific tools is focused on the essential functionality of these programs (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.) and not on version-specific attributes of the software, making the book relevant longer for more users.
About the Author
Lynda Weinman has been teaching computer graphics since 1984. She has worked as a faculty member at Art Center College of Design, UCLA, American Film Institute (AFI), and San Francisco State Multimedia Studies Program. Lynda has written magazine articles for MacWorld, MacUser, MacWeek, Step-by-Step Graphics, and How magazines.
Don't miss Designing web graphics.4, Fourth Edition
by Lynda Weinman
Paperback: 544 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.95 x 11.00 x 8.42, Publisher: New Riders Publishing; 4th edition (December 31, 2002); List Price: $55.00 - buy now: Price: $38.50 and You Save: $16.50 (30%)
- HTML Complete - enables users to design and employ current and emerging Web technologies in the right way
- Return on Design: Smarter Web Design That Works - Editor's Choice: information design essentials that can determine a Web site's success or failure
- The Unusually Useful Web Book - If ever there were an author who could make web standards exciting, it's Jeffrey Zeldman.
- Designing Web Site Interface Elements - The second title in the new DesignWhys series
- Designing With Web Standards - Stop being an "html terrorist" and start styling with CSS
- Search Engine Visibility - teaches developers, designers, programmers, and online marketers what pitfalls to avoid
- Speed Up Your Site: Web Site Optimization - speed is critical to online success and happy users... you need it!
- Web Graphics for Non-Designers - takes you through the basics of web design, looking at using color effectively on sites
- HTTP Developer's Handbook - written specifically for Web developers
- Web Design on a Shoestring - how each phase in site development can be trimmed back without losing control, quality, or beauty
See similar titles in the Web department Keywords: Web: Web design, Web development, html, shtml, gifs, jpgs, web graphics, layout, pages
Participate in your Design BOOKSHELF
Lots of fun and information for all... we don't review or recommend any books we haven't seen and read.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, with more books as they hit the shelves, design news, software and program reviews, field trips to design studios, Photoshop Tips & Tricks, photoshop tutorials, typography, fonts, and a lot more!
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.