Books for Windows users
Books in the areas of Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Server, Windows Server 2003 Bible, Wireless Networking, W-Fi, Visual Basic, .NET, Windows, OOP, REALbasic, Photoshop Album, Microsoft Office, Windows Server, CDs, DVDs, VectorWorks, 3ds Max, FileMaker Pro, Avid, Xpress, QuarkXPress and other essentials for Windows users.. We encourage you to send in YOUR REVIEWS!
- Platinum Edition Using Microsoft Windows XP - by Robert Cowart, Brian Knittel - For the bona fide Windows black belt who wants or needs to manage multiple users in a networked environment, turbocharge a Windows installation and much more
- Windows XP Killer Tips - by Kleber Stephenson - call all your friends and smugly gloat because now you sound like the ultimate XP guru
- Windows XP: Visual QuickStart Guide - by Chris Fehily - If you have Windows XP on your computer, you'll want this quick and easy guide to learning Windows XP
- Alan Simpson's Windows XP Bible - by Alan Simpson, and Brian Underdahl (Author) - Comprehensive in its treatment of Microsoft's latest and greatest operating system for the masses
- Windows 2000 Server Administrator's Bible - by Jeffrey R. Shapiro, and Jim Boyce (Author) - migrating from Windows NT to Windows 2000 -- this book's got your system administration needs covered.
- Windows Server 2003 Bible - by Jeffrey R. Shapiro, Jim Boyce, Marcin Policht, Brian Patterson, and Scott Leathers (Authors) - comprehensive reference provides you with all the information you'll need to plan, install, and configure this powerful operating system.
- TechTV's Microsoft Windows XP for Home Users, Second Edition - by Michael Miller - This highly accessible book teaches how to get up-to-speed quickly on the fundamentals of Windows XP
- The Wireless Networking Starter Kit - by Adam Engst, Glenn Fleishman - the practical guide to W-Fi networks for Windows and Macintosh, and this book by Adam Engst and Glenn Fleishman is a complete success
- Visual Basic .NET for Windows: Visual QuickStart Guide - by Harold Davis - a whole new project, greatly expanded, and focused squarely on .NET and OOP.
- REALbasic for Macintosh - by Michael Swaine - shows how to develop applications for the Macintosh and Windows platform, with plenty of screenshots to guide readers along.
- Adobe Photoshop Album for Windows: VQG - by Nolan Hester - If you want to get quickly up and running with Photoshop Album, you need this book for Windows
- Special Edition Using Microsoft Office 2003 - by Ed Bott, Woody Leonhard - Tired of Office books that read as though Microsoft employees wrote them? Then you owe it to yourself to get a copy of this book.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Unleashed - by Rand Morimoto, Michael Noel, Omar Droubi, Kenton Gardinier, Noel Neal - A fresh perspective on planning, designing, implementing, and migrating to a Windows Server 2003 environment.
- Easy CDs & DVDs - by Tom Bunzel - a simple, easy to follow, step-by-step guide for the beginner on adding data, audio and digital video to CDs and DVDs
- VectorWorks 10 for Windows and Macintosh: Visual QuickStart Guide - by Tom Baer - get up-to-speed on all of the VectorWorks features quickly.. Windows or Mac!
- 3ds Max 5 for Windows: Visual QuickStart Guide - by Michele Matossian - The most efficient, affordable, must-have guide to the leading 3--D modeling and animation application for Windows.
- FileMaker Pro 6 Advanced: VQP - by Cynthia L. Baron, Daniel Peck - the most efficient way for smart, creative, busy professionals to learn how to build custom databases using scripts and templates
- FileMaker Pro 6: VQG - by Nolan Hester - includes all of the new features in FileMaker Pro 6 and is still the fastest and easiest way to learn FileMaker Pro
- Color Correction for Avid Xpress DV 3.5 - by Avid Technology Inc. - As a serious filmmaker, you need to ensure that the color and lighting in each frame of your movie looks consistent and achieves the mood you want to convey.
- Real World QuarkXPress 6 - by David Blatner - When you need the ultimate reference to the ultimate desktop publishing software, this is the place to turn.
- Make the Most of Your Digital Photos, Video & Music - by Tom Bunzel, Dave Johnson, Walter Glenn, Que Development - a visual, step-by-step solution to learning how to take quality photos, edit home movies, and share MP3s
- Digital Photography Hacks 100 Industrial-Strength Tips & Tools - By Derrick Story - From the author of the "Digital Photography Pocket Guide" comes the knowledge that professional photographers have learned through thousands of shots' worth of experience and years of experimentation.
- Mac OS X for Windows Users: A Switchers' Guide - by David Coursey - straightforward instructions on how to use Mac OS X -- specifically written for Windows users
- Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual - by David Pogue - Join thousands of Windows refugees with this concise, entertaining book from celebrated author and New York Times columnist David Pogue
A+ Certification exam guide by Michael J. Myers
Upgrading and Repairing PCs First Edition
How Computers Work: Millennium Edition
Practical Microsoft Windows 98 2nd Edition
Microsoft SQL Server 7 Programming Unleashed
The Complete Idiot's Guide to PCs (Complete Idiot's Guide Series)
Computer Organization and Architecture: Designing for Performance
Participate in your Design Booksehlf
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your book reviews, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.